to blog!
I feel guilty right now as I type this that I'm not doing laundry or some sort of cleaning.
As many of you know, I started cosmetology school at the first of this month. I go 32 hours a week. This is a big change going from SAHM to almost full time gone. Needless to say my house is suffering from it and it is driving me CRA-ZY!
We have learned all the basic haircuts, a little razoring, facials, waxing, pedicures, perms, colors, foils, shampoo-sets...you want your hair rolled, dried & brushed out into a football helmet? I'm your gal!
What's even more scary about his whole big change is that one more week and then I'm on the floor! And I have no clue what I'm doing!! But that's how they learn. I better get busy this week practicing on my doll head. Maybe Jordan has some barbies around here somewhere...ha. But, I've seen some ding-bats do hair, so I'm pretty sure I can get the hang of it!
The 1st week we did make-overs. The instructor used me as her teaching guinea pig. I should have had someone take a pic...I felt like Alice Cooper after she was done. It was funny.
I'll be posting some pics soon of my mannequin after I cut her hair. But right now I have to get off of here and get ready for my nursery duty. Like I said, I have no time!
I feel guilty right now as I type this that I'm not doing laundry or some sort of cleaning.
As many of you know, I started cosmetology school at the first of this month. I go 32 hours a week. This is a big change going from SAHM to almost full time gone. Needless to say my house is suffering from it and it is driving me CRA-ZY!
We have learned all the basic haircuts, a little razoring, facials, waxing, pedicures, perms, colors, foils, shampoo-sets...you want your hair rolled, dried & brushed out into a football helmet? I'm your gal!
What's even more scary about his whole big change is that one more week and then I'm on the floor! And I have no clue what I'm doing!! But that's how they learn. I better get busy this week practicing on my doll head. Maybe Jordan has some barbies around here somewhere...ha. But, I've seen some ding-bats do hair, so I'm pretty sure I can get the hang of it!
The 1st week we did make-overs. The instructor used me as her teaching guinea pig. I should have had someone take a pic...I felt like Alice Cooper after she was done. It was funny.
I'll be posting some pics soon of my mannequin after I cut her hair. But right now I have to get off of here and get ready for my nursery duty. Like I said, I have no time!

13 comments:
Thirty two hours is a long time! Don't feel guilty about the house. Dirt comes, dirt goes. Make sure you take time to relax and don't wear yourself out. One thing for sure, you'll be the cutest hair stylist on the floor!
How fun! (not the no time part, but the cosmetology part). I'm sure you'll do great on the floor:) I guess cosmetology school is like having a new baby...both consume us, and, yes, my house has suffered (is suffering) too! You're not alone...
I wish you the best. I am sure you will do great.
Hang in there girl, soon you will be the top hair specialist on the floor. As for the house and laundry, it will all still be there.
Wow! Cosmetology school, huh? How did I miss that? I guess I need to pay closer attention. That's exciting. Is your school in Tulsa or Owasso? I bet that would be fun. How long till you are done with school?
I'm so glad you are having fun with this! And your hair seriously looks amazing!!!! I love it:)
You all are so very sweet and encouraging...I posted just to let everyone know what going and why I haven't been blogging!
I have such great friends!
Casey-it's here in Owasso, it's 1500hrs. which will take me till the end of July.
It's not easy but you will learn to let it go. I still have days the house stresses me out, but it will be fine. Just make sure you have time for the kid and Todd and it will all be fine.
well, i am getting in line! i need color and an eyebrow wax...when do you have time to fit me in???
I didn't know you were doing that! That's super fun! Can you make me beautiful? Good luck, and yes, take the time to relax!
Linds
I'm so excited for you, I've always thought that would be a fun thing to do!! And I know I said it like 50 times already today but I seriously LOVE your hair!!
know how you feel! It will be worth it!
I guess we are out of the loop... had no idea you had gone back to school. I'm not a very good Aunt. Good Luck. Love ya bunches!
Post a Comment