Friday, August 8, 2008

Wahhhh! Yea!!!


Well, I've needed to post the fact that we are moving to Ft Smith sometime later this year. Wahhh! We found out July 15th...black Tuesday I called it.
Todd got a supervisor job there and it is a great move up for him. I, on the other hand was totally devastated.
We've been here for 5 years and I do not want to leave. The kids have friends here. Jacob's 1st and best buddy is here...some of you may have heard Jacob mention him, his name is Austin :o)
Yeah right, you don't usually see one with out the other. Just the fact that they would be at different schools until 6th grade was depressing enough! But to be 150 miles away??? We went on vacation to Branson last week so they didn't see each other on Wed., Thurs or Sunday and Jacob received a letter in the mail from Austin with a picture and a note saying he missed him.
Well to make a long story short, I think the letter (along with me crying every day) put Todd over the edge and he decided not to accept the job. Actually he said it just didn't feel right at this time. So yea! We are staying!
Oh and did I mention that my youngest will be in Kindergarten all day this year and that my baby girl is a 6th grader?!
Needless to say I've been a little emotional for the past month. :o)
So that is what has been going on.
And since it doesn't feel right to post w/o a picture, I'll leave you with this A-DOR-ABLE pic I found of Jacob the other night. He's around two here and really cheesing it up. I can't believe he's not going to be home at least part of the day with me! What will I do with all that alone time? Hmmmm...

10 comments:

Mom's Club said...

may i be the first to say....yippy skippy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am so glad that God answered my prayers for you guys!!!!! just GREAT news!!! I am so glad that you don't have to break up Jake and Austin...or tear yourself away from all your mommy friends!! Looking forward to seeing you ENERYTIME I visit now!

Cindy Kirkpatrick said...

Yea!!! That is great news Sandy! I didn't even know any of this was going on! I bet you both were just torn to make that decision! I am glad you made the right one though : ) Love the cute pic of Jacob!

laura said...

Yay! I had heard from Eric.... I'm glad you guys both decided it was the best thing!

Pambo said...

Woo hoo! I get to keep one of my favorite boys in Sunday School! Bet you can't guess who one of my other favorite boys could be!I am so happy for your family and proud of Todd for turning down a good job for the sake of his family. Not too many men would do that. God really does a good job of taking care of us, doesn't he!

Kina said...

I am tearing up just reading this and I already knew you were staying. I am sooooo super excited!!! And what a great husband to put his family's needs and his sensitivity of God's leading ahead of what he wanted!!! AWESOME!!!!

What a cutie picture of Jacob!! Btw, one thing you will do with all that free time is come to Moms Club!

Stacy said...

I just want to say to Todd you are a great guy for putting your family first!
Since I haven't got to see you since the news!
What a cute little picture of Jacob!
Uh hurry up and get that cos. license I got my hair done today and it way to brown!
Love Ya girl I am so glad you are staying!

Annie said...

I am also super excited you are staying!!!!! I second Kina's suggestion about attending Mom's club between Kina, Katie, and myself we will have more than enough babies to pass around to the best baby holder ever!!!!

The Szweds said...

I had no idea either! YIKES. Isn't it so stressful? Well, I'm so happy for you. When timing isn't right...somehow it all works out!

Traci said...

My baby nephew done grew up! Time for another.

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!!!