Jacob's soccer team played their 1st game today in the 5 & 6 year old division. I think they lost by 1 or 2 goals (because we still don't keep score...whatever). Jacob finally made our 1st goal towards the end of the game and then they made one more after that. This division is going to be quite a challenge for them. But after winning almost every game last season in the 3 & 4 division, they need the challenge.
I am all about being challenged to grow and improve. But I want to see the super giants who produced this 5 or 6 year old. Let's take a vote, who thinks this kid is 5 or 6??? Maybe he was 6 last spring when they 1st had fall sign-ups and the parents thought "Technically he's 6 as we sign him up now." Then he turned 7 the next day.
Shame on you parents!
With all that being said, the poor kid was not that good. He was big and fast but it took him the whole width of the field to turn the ball around. So ok, maybe if we go by talent rather than age? I don't know.

7 comments:
You crack me up...so you're one of those crazy soccer moms! just kidding...
Ok that girl looks as tall as McKenna! As we say at our house "intersting"! I think I have to agree with you. Tell Jacob love the hair color...
Hey, that kid may be big but Jacob looked like he was staying up with him. Do I see a future soccer star on your hands! :)
So fun! They had the height but our team had the brains. We will be a force to reckon with after a few games :)
He is really big but I hear that Jacob is pretty good at soccer so I guess size doesn't really matter. I've seen Jake run and he's fast!
Too funny! I am sure that Jacob and Austin get after it on the soccer field. The parents probably enjoy themselves, too, secretly keeping score!;)
Does your child have colored hair in this photo?
Post a Comment