I thought I would post some pictures from the ice storm we had last month for those of you living South and West of here!
We lost power for about 3 days, we were one of the fortunate ones. We have a gas fireplace, stove and water heater, so we were still able to cook, shower and keep fairly warm. I am not a winter person, so I am certain after all of this that I do not want to live any further North!
This is Jacob's soccer net.
It was a very eerie sound as the trees started to crack and break from all of the weight of the ice. There are not many trees left with their tops. A pilot called Todd last week and asked him what in the world happened here. He thought a tornado had come through.

10 comments:
Your pictures of the ice storm is one of the reasons I love living in Southern California. I don't miss the cold/ice/snow one bit! Hope you all are staying warm!
I was out for a week, and like you everything is gas. It is so sad, every where I look I see trees cracked and/or down. Those big beautiful trees, I lost the one I had in my backyard, it was huge and beautiful in the spring.
Those are great pictures of the ice....I am ready for the snow!!!
Yikes! So glad I was in New Mexico! :0)
Those are good pictures Sandy!
Love the title! Jacob's soccer goal looks cool all frozen like that. My mom took some really neat pictures of the ice storm, too, and made them into Shutterfly notecards. I hope all the ice is over with!
I usually love the winter months, but now that I have been through an ice storm I should really say I enjoy the snow when our roads still stay clear. Is that too much to ask for?
Thanks of reminding me of those horrible few days!;) I had almost forgotten about them!
MORE UPDATES PLEASE!!!
Post a Comment